Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gilt Groupe





Sometimes (namely always) I really wish I had money. Alas I do not. And for some reason, I signed myself up to get sale updates from Gilt Groupe (the 'e' and the end of 'groupe' is to make it look swanky and french), a site designed like a 'presale' for designers. New York Magazine had an article recently about the site where they questioned what Gilt Groupe would do to the retail and pricing of fashion.

Frankly I don't care. All I know is is that I still can't afford this stuff, most of the time. And even if I could, I can't justify spending $40 on a bangle. It's really hard to imagine the women mentioned in the article waiting at their cubicles for these sales to hit so they can rush to buy something that's probably still to rich for their blood.

A well, it doesn't hurt to look.

(images from Gilt Groupe for Marc by Marc Jacobs)

No comments:

Post a Comment